Ext. 4121 (505) 238-2445 (Cell)
- NIRR is testing 25% of Health Care residents and 20% of Health Care staff on a weekly basis.
- NIRR continues to do random testing of Assisted Living and Memory Care residents and staff too.
- NIRR remains COVID-19 free.
SWIMMING POOL/HOT TUB:
- We contacted the acting pool manager for the Rio Rancho office of the NM Environment Department to see if we could convert our Class C pool to a therapy pool. He said that a therapy pool needs to be built and piped to a specific design. A remodel of a pool to convert to a therapy pool runs about $30,000. It also requires a therapist at all times performing therapy to patients. It requires a special, secondary filtration system, and all the piping needs to be sized to meet the flow of the water.
- Since NIRR pool is classified as a Class C pool, we are sorry that we are still not allowed to open it or the hot-tub for your enjoyment.
- Residents are welcome to call the Rio Rancho Aquatic Center located at 745 Loma Colorado at 505-891-5230. It is open for lap swimming or walking pool only Monday – Friday 6:00 a.m. – 5 p.m. Closed from 11:30 am. to 1:30 p.m. Open Saturday from 1200 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. and closed on Sundays.
- Update on promotion of Susan Fullinwider: Instead of relocating to the position of Unit Assistant for Assisted Living, she has been promoted to Executive Assistant reporting to me. Susan will be the supervisor of the receptionists; she replaces Norma Borba. Susan will be training our new receptionists (Ariel and Dionne) at the Hospitality Desk next week.
- Effective immediately, all employees in all departments now have the option of choosing whatever hair color they wish and it does not have to be covered unless it is required as part of their department uniform.
- Red Shovel, groundskeeper, is replacing, adding and repositioning sprinkler heads on the courtyard grass area and soon we should see improvement in the grass.
- Plant Ops along with some members of the Building and Grounds Committee will be working on replacement of dead plants with colorful plants and bushes.
- July 30th was an exciting day with the arrival of NIRR’s new 22-passenger bus. Life Enrichment will be discussing how to use the new bus for outings while still keeping everyone safe.
- Suggested from 8 p.m. to 9 a.m. daily.
UPCOMING EVENT – August 12th 2 – 3 p.m.:
- Pop Pops Italian Ice will be at the NIRR front entrance outside in their truck for employees to receive a treat.
- Independent Living residents may join in the fun to cool off too. A large Italian Ice is $4.00 cash.
- MASKS: Mandatory when in public in New Mexico except eating or drinking.
- TRAVEL OUTSIDE OF NM: Anybody traveling to New Mexico from out-of-state, including New Mexicans, whether by car or air, you MUST quarantine 14 days. Staff will have this requirement too.
Information subject to change