Ext. 4121 (505) 238-2445 (Cell)
- NIRR continues to test 25% of Health Care residents and 20% of Health Care staff on a weekly basis.
- NIRR continues to do random testing of Assisted Living and Memory Care residents and staff too.
- NIRR remains COVID-19 free.
LIFE ENRICHMENT UPDATES:
- New Bus: Keep on the look-out for information about “Throwing a Cruise” in the new 22-passenger bus in the near future. Mark Campiglia has a CDL and is ready to roll. We are working on a short, day trip within New Mexico using social distancing in the bus while wearing your mask. Depending on interest, we may have to schedule several options. Destination suggestions are welcome!!
- IL Flu Shots: Deb Meadows, Certified Nursing Assistant, with Life Enrichment Health Services, is working with Wal-Mart Pharmacy to come to NIRR Haverland Hall to give flu shots to IL residents utilizing social distancing and mask wearing. We anticipate a date in September during the week.
- A sign-up sheet is posted at the Hospitality Desk if would like to be on the list. You may visit the desk or call Extn. 0 with your name, apartment number and extension.
- At this juncture, we are only garnering interest for the flu shot to make sure there are enough interested residents. Pre-registration with the pharmacy will be required at a later date and you would need your ID and health insurance card. We will keep you updated as logistics unfold.
HEALTH CARE UPDATE:
- Licensure Change: Memory Care Power of Attorneys for Residents received notice that the area has been relicensed by the NM Department of Health at the request of NIRR as Health Care first floor which still houses Memory Care residents.
- The next step is working with the Centers for Medicare/Medicaid for dual certification. Benefits include: secured Memory Care Unit with skilled capability, 24/7 nurse; all Certified Nursing Assistants and ability for residents to utilize Medicaid benefits when necessary. NIRR is waiting dual certification approval from CMS which could take a few months.
- Hospice Choice: Del Corazon Hospice is a Haverland Carter Lifestyle Group sister organization based out of Santa Fe. If your loved one needs hospice, please call Tina Marie Gonzales, Clinical Director/Nurse Practitioner for Advance Hospice and Palliative Care at 505-501-4408. Available at the location of your choice.
- Dining Comment cards were distributed to all apartments. Extra comment cards are available at the Hospitality Desk. We want to hear from you; good and bad. Please deposit your comment cards in the box outside of the Ponderosa Dining Room or return with your tickets.
UPCOMING EVENT – August 12th 2 – 4 p.m.:
- Pop Pops Italian Ice will be at the NIRR front entrance outside in their truck for employees to receive a treat.
- Independent Living residents may join in the fun to cool off too. A large Italian Ice is $4.00 cash.
- MASKS: Mandatory when in public in New Mexico except eating or drinking.
- TRAVEL OUTSIDE OF NM: Anybody traveling to New Mexico from out-of-state, including New Mexicans, whether by car or air, you MUST quarantine 14 days. Staff will have this requirement too.
- Hospital, ER, Doctor Appointments: You DO NOT need to quarantine 14 days upon your return; it is merely a suggestion.
Information subject to change